1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Page Designer/Writer, Pocatello, ID

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by TrooperBari, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Yeah, these winters are no joke. Be prepared for the cold.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Sorry, not buying the tough winters, at least for me.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ah, that's right...

4. You don't consider -17 tough? And I thought I was cold-resistant...

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Hey, it was -25F here last December.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Once you've bought gas when it's -45, -15 is a piece of cake to deal with.

7. Hope I never learn what that's like.

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Too bad that there are people with families who wouldn't mind a place like Pocatello, but couldn't afford to live there.

The salary you get wouldn't cut it for most people. From what you've posted in the past, you love the work and don't mind the low pay, which is what execs like to here, but there are some of us who want a decent wage.

It's a shame that designers don't get paid more because it's a skill that newspapers sorely need.

9. For me, living here, $23,000 is a decent wage. Like I said, if you're single, this isn't a low wage here.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You must be a publisher's dream employee. $23,000 is not decent. Not for people who have college degrees. Once you're 30, I bet you change your tune. You'd probably want to take a decent vacation one day, or maybe have a social life around town.

11. I've taken two excellent vacations this year alone and go out regularly. Try again.

12. We've filled the position.

Draft saved Draft deleted