1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports page designer, The Washington Times

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by John Taylor, Nov 30, 2006.

1. John Taylor

John Taylor Member

The Washington Times, a 100,000-circulation daily in Washington, D.C., seeks a sports page designer to play a key role in the presentation of the section.

We are looking for a candidate with experience at a daily paper and thorough knowledge of Quark and Photoshop. The job offers the chance to design the Sports front two to three times a week, along with an opportunity to help shape the future of the section. Working nights and weekends is required. The candidate should have a passion for sports and work well with others.

To apply, send a cover letter, resume and no more than 10 samples to:

Mark Hartsell
    Sports Editor
    The Washington Times
    3600 New York Ave. NE
    Washington, D.C. 20002

And if you have any other questions, feel free to PM or or e-mail me: jtaylor@washingtontimes.com.

Thanks.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

What about pay? I've heard that the Washington Times' pay, considering the cost of living in the D.C. area, isn't that great.

3. John Taylor

John Taylor Member

The pay is considerably better than the numbers that have been speculated about around these parts in the past.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

And they're clearly the best part of that paper. I mean that as a compliment because they do a good job in sports, churning out good work as the little engine that could.

5. John Taylor

John Taylor Member

Giving this a shameless bump before it cycles through to the next page.

Draft saved Draft deleted