1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Online Journalist --The National, Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Paul Oberjuerge, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Paul Oberjuerge

Paul Oberjuerge New Member

The National newspaper in Abu Dhabi, UAE, has an opening for an online sports journalist. The successful candidate will have experience in editorial as well as online, with a good working knowledge of global social and digital news platforms. A strong knowledge of world sports is an advantage, along with the ability to identify and curate offbeat stories, monitor wires and social media, and identify trending stories for publication.

Expertise requirements: Content management systems; operation of liveblogs or other live publishing tools; familiarity with web analytics;
    knowledge of SEO and social platforms and the ability to organize content appropriately; photoshop, audio and video production and publishing skills

The job is based in Abu Dhabi and may involve working nights, weekends and on deadline. Our journalists are well-paid and have inclusive health insurance. The UAE has no income tax or sales tax.

Please send a CV to poberjuerge@thenational.ae with Online Journalist in the subject field.

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Man, will the temptation for me to apply never end?

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

DOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOIT

Subliminal enough?

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Oh me. Oh my. Oh my my my.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

We'd love to have you in the SportsJournalists.com Expat Club.

6. Moderator1

What's the deal with dogs? Can I take mine? She's female, if that makes a difference.

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Yes, you can take her. No quarantine.

http://www.mymoveabudhabi.com/my-move/pets.html

Note she would need a microchip.

8. Moderator1

She has her own iPad. Does that count?

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's the same thing.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Just be prepared for the catcalls. Which I understand are more annoying for canine females than for human ones ...

11. Paul Oberjuerge

Paul Oberjuerge New Member

Thanks to all for applying. We have identified a candidate.

Draft saved Draft deleted