1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Night

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Woah. Didn't know that, either. They wrote it in very well.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That was a great moment in TV history.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Episode 8, Dan starts asking Casey what happened on Nov. 23. Casey lists oodles of things. He left out Brook Jacoby's birthday.

Fail.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

The episode they dropped the laugh track was when it got REALLY good. It was good before that...but the laugh track needed to go quicker than it did.

5. imjustagirl

Truth.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah. It was really jarring when I first started watching it.

7. imjustagirl

Side note, and not a judgment at all: I'm STUNNED anyone didn't know Guillaume had a stroke. It was all I heard about when it happened.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I have to say this, and I don't mind the rips I'll get. When this show was on the air, I admired it and didn't like it, all at the same time. It's like all Sorkin's shows -- snappy banter about a topic without showing why people care about said topic. He's like Simmons for me, an undeniable talent whose talent leave me personally cold.

9. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Haven't seen it in years, but the whole episode was great, especially closing with Three Dog Night's "Eli's Coming."

10. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Natalie and Dana both. Dana's "dating plan" is one of the dumbest story beats Sorkin's ever come up with, and when you consider the entirety of Studio 60, that's saying something.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Thing about this cast, it was the breakout moment for a whole bunch of people who may not be household names, but they have become outstanding career actors.

Josh Charles, "The Good Wife."

Peter Krause, "Six Feet Under," "Parenthood." (Which I think is criminally underrated.)

Felicity Huffman, "Desperate Housewives."

Josh Malina, "West Wing," "Scandal."

12. imjustagirl

I've now watched 13 episodes of Season 1. Dammit. I wanted to be in bed early tonight.

You know, the Gordon-Casey talk in episode 16, even though I saw it coming about halfway through the episode, still devastating to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted