1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Newspaper AS Removes Player from Photo,

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by dkphxf, Feb 25, 2011.

1. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sid_lowe/02/25/Spain.referees/index.html?eref=sihp

2. JPsT

JPsT Member

Sid Lowe is top-notch. Great commentary.

3. SeanKennedy

SeanKennedy Member

Crazy soccer fans work at newspapers, too!

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

What does soccer have to do with SPORTS coverage?

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Yeah, instead we should cover a real sport like pro wrestling. ::)

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Well, at least then seeing the athletes you cover falling when they weren't really hit and spending half their match whining to the officials would make sense. :)

7. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

I guess there's something to be said for giving the readers what they want. I've lost track of the number of calls we get from readers who would prefer we be cheerleaders for their teams (local and national).
    You probably sell a lot more papers if you can identify a clear majority of readers who would rather hear why their team is so great if it wins or how it got gypped by the officials if it loses.
    I guess they figure that the bottom line is more important than their news values (or maybe the bottom line has become their No. 1 news value).

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

This man sees nothing wrong with this.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted