1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Museum of America, PR Manager

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by playthrough, Nov 2, 2007.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Sports Museum of America
    Job Duration Full Time
    Job Location New York, NY USA

The Public Relations Manager is responsible for the overall and ongoing public relations/publicity efforts of the Sports Museum of America.

Responsibilities Include:
    • In consultation with the VP of Marketing & Sales and the Director of Marketing, hires, contracts, oversees and manages the publicity agency of record.
    • Ultimately responsible for the ongoing local publicity campaigns, working with the agency, the marketing department, and 3rd parties (i.e., founding partners, sponsors and promotional partners) to insure the local, regional and national publicity efforts are handled correctly and are in keeping with the image and positioning of SMA.
    • Create and manages the PR process, including the ongoing preparation of a PR Plan(s) for each calendar year by the agency, as well as the creation and submission of appropriate requests prior to each campaign requiring SMA talent/resources.
    • Serves as the SMA spokesperson as required.

The PR Manager will work with the Director of Marketing to create and manage a budget to support the PR Plan.

Requires a college degree, preferably in PR, Communications or Marketing. This individual should have 3 – 5 years experience in PR, specifically agency experience, dealing with the media, campaign strategy and development, events and writing. This position requires knowledge about and considerable interest in the world of sports.

The Sports Museum of America will be a dynamic and interactive venue dedicated to the history and cultural significance of sports. The SMA will offer exhibits and events that allow visitors to appreciate a variety of sports, teams, players, coaches, cities and fans. It will also serve as a central location for hosting nationally visible sports-related events.

Applicants must use this link to apply for this position:

http://nationalsportsmuseum.precisionhire.com/cndjobs_list.asp?idx=589

No phone calls.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It takes you to a job board but I see no listings.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That ain't gonna help their cause. Unfortunately I have nothing to add, this one was sent to me from a loyal reader...

Draft saved Draft deleted