1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Media Exchange? Freelance sportswriters needed

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by exmediahack, Oct 15, 2009.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

http://www.sportsmediaexchange.com/

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1109362

Anyone know anything about this operation? Pay? What they cover?

I'm based in one of their cities. May be worth picking up a few bucks here and there...

Thanks!

- ex

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Shoot them an e-mail, they are good about getting back to people.

3. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

Basically, you're put into a database of writers and when they need something in your area, they contact you.

I think. I've been in their database for about a month and haven't had an assignment yet.

4. I don't think they're fully operational of yet. I was told I'd be in the database, but was also told they don't expect to be up and running until sometime next month at the earliest.

It sounds like it has a lot of potential. Remains to be seen, but there is certain amount of intrigue that lies with it.

5. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

I am also in their database. I don't know a whole lot about it but from what I understand they are gathering a collection of writers in various regions to pass assignments to. Not sure where the assignments come from or what they're for. But it certainly can't hurt to shoot them your clips and get added to their database. If it turns into some money, great. If not, oh well. Doesn't seem to be any risk involved so what the hell.

6. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Just to clarify a few things, we are fully operational and have been since August, but things are about to pick up even more. So far we have completed assignments for the Miami Herald, Knoxville News-Sentinel, North County Times in the San Diego area, Naples Daily News, Newark Star-Ledger and the Associated Press.

Newspapers are a bit more unpredictable now because of their ever changing budgets and staffs, which is why we have targeted other outlets with more of a steady budget and clear needs. I hate to sound like a movie studio that keeps delaying a movie release but we really do expect to have more concrete details shortly.

AK

Draft saved Draft deleted