1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Marketing-HELP

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Elias, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Many of our interns are shocked to learn the hours they are expected to put in. If you want to work in the sports business you can't miss game days because you want to go snowboarding with your buddies or watch the Packers or you're too hungover. Like media guys, we work when other people are off: nights, weekends, holidays.

The money isn't great, guys I know who work in the NHL say it's no different there: the money is spent on the "talent", players, coaches and GM.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

think of attending Winter Baseball meetings. They have a job fair where everyone goes to hook up internships.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

This is an ideal place to find one of the crappy jobs YankeeFan was talking about.

I went to the meetings in Hollywood, Fla. in 1981 as one of the "job seekers." I gave up the job hunt the first day because it seemed too bleak (and I wanted to go lay on the beach) but I had drinks with Billy Martin the second night and he offered me a job with the A's. Unfortunately, Mickey Morabito informed me the next morning that Billy didn't have the authority to offer me a job.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Article about the (potential) corporate sponsorship of Montreal's metro lines:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Corporate+rebranding+métro+draws+flak/3849649/story.html

Draft saved Draft deleted