1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Management/Journalism/PR Courses

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by KevinmH9, Dec 27, 2007.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I was browzing the web earlier this evening and I stumbled upon this website, http://www.sportsmanagementworldwide.com/index.asp

I wasn't sure if any of you have ever looked or taken a course with the website. It appears to be very aspiring and I was almost considering it myself.

2. You haven't heard the Mel Kiper Jr. radio commercial?

It's comical, and he repeats the Web address 2323948735 times.

And it goes something like, "S-M-Dubya-Dubya dot com." I think Bush paid him to pronounce it like that.

3. GBNF

GBNF Active Member

Whou wouldn't want to taje a course in Cricket Management?

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

You'll need that course if you want to run a bait shop.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Of course.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

for those that made the jump from journalism to the world of p.r. (sports or otherwise) is it worth taking classes in public relations at a real university (be it online courses or classroom courses)?

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I just finished a course on case studies in PR and didn't learn anything. Real PR isn't taught anymore, it's all about marketing.

8. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I was considering taking some PR courses or even going back after I completed my English degree to complete a degree in communications, but I figure everything you learn from journalism can be translated over towards a career in public relations. I figure after some years in journalism, I'd like to grab a Masters in Business Administration or Sports Management. Possibly then a career in persuing my dream for working for a baseball team can be furfilled or simply doing PR for the sport of baseball.

Draft saved Draft deleted