1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Sports Machine" runs out of gas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Perry White, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

He'd also show some pro wrestling.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I loved it when he would show highlights of the terrier races.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Wake me up before you go-go, George.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Choose Life, Guy, Choose Life.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I wonder if he was done in by some careless whispering to his young-enough-to-be-his-daughter co-host.

6. Guy_Incognito

And now you tell me that you're having a baby, I'll tell you that I'm happy if you want me to.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Actually it's one of the rare times where George was being a good guy. NBC owns the station he works for, and they're in the midst of some serious across the network cuts. One pretty good reporter has already been told he's axed when his contract is up in a few months. They offered George a big ass contract too with his coming due here soon, and he turned them down. He'd rather be cut than see someone else at the station have to go because he's making some serious loot. The 6 and 11 pm news anchors have been around together for an eternity across the board and they've been number one for almost as long. George leaving is a pretty big deal, and since he decided to save someone else's job instead of taking his check again, he's to be commended. Good for the crypt keeper. Bad for BYH's lonely Sunday nights.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Because "I'll tell you that there is no way I'm the father" didn't rhyme. :D

Best Wham song, by far.

9. Guy_Incognito

uh-a-huh
    uh-a-huh
    uh-uh-uh-ha-ha-ha-ha

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Some people work for a living. Some people work for fun. Dools, George just works for you-hoo.

The Sports Machine is such a give-and-take. Well, you've shown that you can take -- you've got some giving to do.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This show was awesome for its time. Whenever he'd fire up the machine, it would make goofy Speak and Spell-type sounds.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

"Kissing A Fool" was on the radio yesterday. Good song, although listening closely to the lyrics is not so pleasant.

Draft saved Draft deleted