1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports journalist, The (Greenwood, S.C.) Index-Journal

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ScottJBryan, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Sure. Places like this are where you learn page design and photography. Given the state of the game, you might have more competition, but even if you thought you'd be in over your head, you can't win if you don't play.

2. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

is shell dula still at greenwood high?

3. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Agreed, well done and much appreciated

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

No, because it's just too hard to send a clips package via e-mail.

5. ScottJBryan

ScottJBryan Member

You guys are going to make me blush. Thanks for the praise.

To answer the two questions:
    1.) We prefer somebody with design experience, but neither of our last hires had much design experience when they were hired.
    2.) Shell Dula retired last year. Incredibly nice guy. They hired one of his former assistants to run Greenwood's program.

Lots of good applicants so far. Thanks again for the kind words from the folks on the board.

Scott

6. Can't say I personally know Scott, but being from the Upstate, this section is well-received and has a good reputation.

7. ScottJBryan

ScottJBryan Member

The Index-Journal has hired Adam Regan, a 2006 graduate of Furman University, who previously worked at the Martinsville (Va.) Bullentin and the New Jersey Herald.

I want to thank everybody for applying. We had a lot of excellent candidates, but we felt Adam best fit our needs in our sports department.

Thanks to all those who expressed interest in the job, and thanks to the fine folks on here who said nice things about The Index-Journal and me.

8. mojo20205

mojo20205 Member

I worked with Adam for two years at the NJ Herald and he will do a fine job down there.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Anyone who can survive Ginny in Martinsville should be hired on merit alone. Good luck Adam.

10. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Just hope he doesn't have any flashbacks from his time there ...

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Agreed, drip. If Adam could survive Ginny he must be good.

Draft saved Draft deleted