1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Journalism Summit II Details

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dave Kindred, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Lordy, I'd love to go. But my company already wastes too much money on me by keeping me on the payroll anyway.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

So scrape up $195 for the registration, sleep under an underpass and roll in.

3. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

Got my registration approval today by e-mail. As a first-timer, I'm looking forward to it. Should be great. I've been to other writer's workshops with Poynter and they're really tremendous. One on sports reporting should be worth every penny.

Sports book writing: Oh, I'll be there.

4. swenk

swenk Member

Just being nosy if anyone knows, who is leading/teaching this seminar?

5. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I went last year, would go again if only for the seminar on interviewing from Sawatsky. Well worth the dough.

6. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Went last year. The Sawatsky interview session--I did it twice. Just opens up whole new possibilities ... I know some people can't stand his approach and his ESPN tutorials, but I'm a complete convert.

YHS, etc

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

To the organizers, it's awesome that you have a sports photojournalism seminar. The art of fine sports photography gets lost in the shuffle way too often.

8. Buddy Martin

Buddy Martin New Member

In regards to the question about "who's leading the disccusion on 'How To Write A Book,'" it's Roy Peter Clark of Poynter and Kevine Kerrane of University of Delaware, with a panel of authors that includes Dave Kindred, Sally Jenkins, Jack McCallum, Bill Plaschke and Buddy Martin.

9. Eddie_Vedder

Eddie_Vedder Member

Perhaps a stupid question from a first-time poster, but to those of you who have gone to this before... is there much for an aspiring TV sports reporter at the summit, or is it more just for the print folks? I ask because I notice just about all of the panelists are newspapermen.

10. Dave Kindred

Dave Kindred Member

Eddie
    Seems to me it'd be good for anyone interested in the arts and crafts of reporting and storytelling, whether their work is on air, in print, or on a cave wall somewhere.

11. I just want to second FOF - the Sawatsky session was fantastic. It made a big impact on the way I conduct interviews. I also enjoyed Michelle Hiskey's class, and I know she is returning for another year. PM me if you want any more details, but I strongly recommend attending.

12. I really dug the Schulian sessions myself ;) I'm not going this year, but it would be great if they brought him back.

Draft saved Draft deleted