1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Journalism and Radio Opportunity

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Dan Ballard, Aug 18, 2008.

1. for_the_hunt

for_the_hunt Member

You're right. But, for the record, I never said I didn't send them my resume ...

I have a healthy dose of skepticism, but nothing a first paycheck couldn't cure.

2. SirTypeAlot

SirTypeAlot Member

From what I understand, they've been quietly searching for some time, but they haven't found anyone they are comfortable with. That's why they decided to make their search more public now. They've had the ACC, SEC and Pac-10 locked up for a few months, plus they have some other people in place.

The money is certainly there, and from what I've been told, the vision is as well. The web site and shows are expected to launch at the first of October. And yes, they've been credentialed for games.

3. Dr. Beardface

Dr. Beardface New Member

The word "contract" seems somewhat important. Good plan, but they'll forgive us if we're not all that trusting right now.

4. Dr. Beardface

Dr. Beardface New Member

No kidding. And a more specific game plan plus information on backers would help.

5. Dan Ballard

Dan Ballard New Member

Seems like a few posters understand the opportunity. There are concrete reasons why we are rolling out the conferences as we are.

Thank you to all those who have applied. We are beginning second round callbacks this week.

6. silvercharm

silvercharm Member

Anyone hear anything on this?

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

You're hir...oh, wait, earnings reports just came in. Never mind.

8. Dan Ballard

Dan Ballard New Member

We thank everyone who provided clips/resumes/articles. We received approximately 150 applications and have currently selected our primary hosts. As opportunities arise at Buster Sports, we will utilize this site (among others) to fill these openings. For all that applied previously, we also intend on utilizing those submittals for any new opportunities at Buster. Thanks again for the great response.

Dan Ballard,
    CEO Buster Sports

Draft saved Draft deleted