1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Jobs boards

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mustangj17, Apr 6, 2008.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I keep seeing ads for sites like workinsports.com, etc.

Are any of these sites worth the subscription?

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I wouldn't pay money for the privilege of seeing job ads. It's not like the best jobs in the world are posted anyway.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

go where I go.

we'renothiringyou.net

4. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

Workinsports.com has many jobs if you're interested in marketing, finance, etc. Not as many jobs if you want editorial/creative work.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

clutch.

6. mdpoppy

mdpoppy Member

If you want to work for the WWE, there's plenty of jobs on those sites. I thought it would be pretty fun to apply to be the script writer, but then I remembered I actually wanted some respect in my career.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If you're interested in sports journo jobs, there's this board (as buckdub said), jjobs, APSE, Gannett's and state press association sites. And they're all free.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Aren't most newspapers' jobs listed at www.havinganotherhiringfreeze.org these days?

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't know. Ace might, though.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If you're not tied to writing, or to just journalism, or sports (kind of getting off topic here, aren't I?) I will strongly recommend mediabistro.com. Ads for everything from writers to editors to PR to well, anything, with a bunch of different companies you may not have ever even considered.

Draft saved Draft deleted