1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports images

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Some of mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had to throw that last one in :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

From the Charles Conlin collection:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I really enjoy pictures that have a timely nature. For example, did any of the men that snapped this shot have any idea what the subject would become?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cannot believe how tough it is to find the photo I'm looking for on the internet. many of the baseball pictures I want are from Ken Burns' baseball book, but I cannot find them.

Any suggestions?

4. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

[​IMG]
    Ayrton Senna, Alain Prost, Nigel Mansell, and Nelson Piquet circa 1986.

These drivers combined to win 123 races, 11 championships (including every championship between 1985 and 1993), and for the most part they all completely hated each other.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Are any of you using a certain website as a database? If I could copy and paste into my hard drive and upload, I would do that, but unless I have a url, I cannot do anything.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

For some reason, this picture makes me laugh. I can't stop wondering if one of these Packers fans somehow put his tongue on the goalpost, tried to kiss it or whatever, and got stuck.
    I can picture the crowd milling out of the stadium as he gets more and more frantic, then eventually resigns himself to his fate and sits there glumly, tongue still stuck to the upright, as the lights are shut off and the gates locked.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Am I nuts, or is that one with the Babe in a suit actually Gary Cooper and not Lou Gerhig?

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Many of these photos were taken with cameras that, at best, were — manually focus, shoot, wind, manually focus, shoot, wind, wash, rinse, repeat... Today's images come from cameras that'll rattle off nine or ten frames in a second, almost like selecting the best frame from a video. Great stuff, all of it.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted