1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Illustrated: The Book of Tebow

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by H.L. Mencken, Nov 25, 2013.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

did Tebow blow a 24 point second half lead?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Exactly. Tim Tebow is better than Peyton Manning.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

and Eli is better than Brady ::)

Getting beat by Brady is not a measuring stick

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I was impressed by the scrolling experience.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah count me in the WTF camp. I hung with that story longer than I usually hang with the story, and all I was finding was a recap of what we already know, with no special retrospective insight on any of it.

There might be a good story there in Chapters IV through VII, but I'll never know it.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

It's great for the ADHD generation.
    I thought the Brotherhood of the Long-form was supposed to be about the literary medium.
    This showed every picture but the big-mammaried woman posted on the board so often.
    Decide what you want to be.

7. Morris816

Morris816 Member

The real measuring stick is this: The final week of that 2011 season, the Broncos lost to the Chiefs 7-3.

Tebow stunk it up that game. There's no other way to put it.

And it was a low-scoring game, so in theory, it should have favored Tebow... except he couldn't even get the Broncos down field for just one more drive for a touchdown.

I've always defended Tebow regarding the Pittsburgh game. Steeler injuries and stat lines be damned -- Tebow played the best game he ever played.

But, at the same time, the KC game was terrible and Tebow was the biggest reason why. No other way to put it.

And, honestly, the KC game was a far bigger example of Tebow's problems than the Patriots game.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Also, for something written by a pastor's son, it didn't provide much insight into theology.
    Not hating, just constructive criticism.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The issue of why SI would bother to write about him at this point interests me. Getting into a discussion about that is one thing. Bothering to read about him is another. But you knew that. You just hoped you could manufacture a gotcha moment where one does not exist.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Fourth post.

11. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

http://deadspin.com/sports-illustrated-goes-long-on-the-quarterback-who-cou-1471807288

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I appreciate Deadspin having read that story so I didn't have to.

Draft saved Draft deleted