1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Illustrated Pitches Three Different Looks on Swimsuit Covers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I believe he's engaged again, so I bet he has.

Just a guess.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

And, hell, an actual phone call between 20-somethings these days is practically chivalrous.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The way millennials are these days she's lucky he didn't text her.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Post-it note.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

In a weird way of postmodern culture, "fat" may be more preferable than "overweight."

What is ashley graham "overweight" for? Not the SI cover. Not to be a supermodel. We're not talking about health here. If we are, are we going to call, say, Mila Kunis "underweight" or any number of Hollywood stars "properly weighted via illegal drug regimens?"

6. Dick Whitman

She's a niche supermodel.

She's overweight. She has love handles and wears granny panties.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The only part of this post with which I'd strongly disagree is the "overweight" part. For what is she overweight? A certain weight class in UFC? "Overweight" presumes a weight under the over.

8. Dick Whitman

OK: When SJ.com nation says that it prefers women with "curves," or "real women," are they really saying that they prefer women with more fat on their bodies than is considered average or median? That's what I'm getting at. It's fine if they do. It's not my preference, although I have certainly found occasion to love ladies of all shapes and sizes in my time. Mrs. Whitman is a taut little stunner.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

In terms of beauty and sexual attractiveness, to whose standard do we adhere? That is: What is average weight?

To be a supermodel or on the cover of SI would seem to me to be a mark of extraordinary beauty, and not at all average.

In terms of median weight, sure, but, then, are other models "underweight" by those standards?

10. Dick Whitman

Sure. I'm not a big Kate Moss or Twiggy fan, either.

11. Dick Whitman

These semantic are getting a little silly. Some guys here like fat women. They should just say it.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

How about a medical definition ?

She's 5'9" and 175.

That's a BMI at the low end of overweight but far from obese.

TigerVols is obviously too incapacitated at the sight of these covers to get here.

Draft saved Draft deleted