1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Illustrated Golf Plus

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Clerk Typist, May 13, 2010.

1. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Has this disappeared, or am I suddenly in the wrong zip code in the eyes of SI? Last one I saw was the separate supplement that came with the May 3 issue.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Only time I've ever seen this is in the copies at my doctor's office ...

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

For a brief time, SI had several different "Plus" options. I opted for the "Adventure Plus." After less than a year (I think), it was dropped and I started getting "Golf Plus." Because, you know, somebody wanting more stories about mountain climbing, kayaking and cycling wants to read about golf. Eventually I called and asked them to remove that from my subscription.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It's still there, but some weeks it only has one feature instead of the full package.

Those separate sections for the majors and the Players are always great.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I got Golf Plus back when I got SI - I'd read some of the pieces and wonder why they weren't in the regular edition.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

One of the best things coming out of SI most weeks.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. Good writing and good angles. And the special sections before the majors (and the Players) are always really good.

Draft saved Draft deleted