1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Illustrated Delivery Delay

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

No sign of this week's SI today, nor the one from two weeks ago I asked them to send.

No sign, also, of any of the last three issues of Rolling Stone.

Did get the new Playboy, though.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Bo Derek's tits!

I like sex.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Let me guess. After that photo ran, the cover jinx kicked in and the yacht sank.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Someone else in the firm put his issue out in the lunchroom, still waiting for mine. Somehow looking at someone else's issue was unfulfilling even though its the same thing.

5. Flying Headbutt

Didn't get last week's issue at all. The guy, clearly at a call center in India, offered to send a replacement magazine within two weeks. Clearly it'll be timely for me then. :(

And when I complained about later and later arrivals, I was told to contact my post office. Yes, because it's my job to find out why SI's delivery process isn't working. Then before I got off the phone, he asked if I was interested in subscribing to Time or Entertainment Weekly. I asked if those magazines come late, too? Again, I'd have to check with the post office.

Looks like this subscription is not getting renewed. Heck, I'm already barely skimming the late arrivals since all the previews are for games already played, and all the recaps are from games I've forgotten about.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's funny because I just subscribed again for the first time in five years or so. I got a free subscription through My Coke Rewards and my first issue came late...

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Just received last weeks issue. I had not realized that Al Davis passed away.

Clearly since then he has risen again. No one else would have made Palmer trade.

I am going to call SI advertising dept and let them know about all the out of date ads.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Just fished the issue with Jimmie Johnson in the cover out of the mailbox. Still no sign of the issue from two weeks ago that SI assured me would be sent first class.

As for my Rolling Stone sub, still no sign of the issue with Jon Stewart on the cover (RS tells me there is nothing wrong with their delivery to Canuckistan) or the current issue with Steve Jobs. Did get the previous one with Floyd on the cover yesterday. Ugh....

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Mine arrived Monday and it had lots of production problems. Color off on a handful of pages, photos out of whack.

10. Flying Headbutt

I'm still stunned I was told to figure out why their delivery isn't arriving how it's supposed to. Fuck that. That's awful customer service.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

SI is falling apart.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just choked. Thanks for that... :D

Draft saved Draft deleted