1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Illustrated Delivery Delay

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I talked to my local postal guy and he said that SI screwed things up in how they arrive at post office for further sorting. I am going to start calling advertisers that have date driven ad in SI.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

No sign of mine either, this is now officially an international incident!

My Rolling Stone subscription - now three issues behind - seems to be a lost cause. They don't even offer to extends it when you bitch! Fuck you, Jann Wenner!

3. Boom_70

This weeks issue has not arrived. Trying to keep myself in the dark about content, much like a tivoed game that you do not want to know results prior to watching.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten the new Vanity Fair yet either. Two months ago, it didn't come so I called and they said they'd send another one, which they did. It arrived the same day as my missing one, about a week later.
    Years ago when I noticed I was receiving my VF after it was on the stands, I called to complain (I had never noticed that happening before.). The lovely customer service person told me that if I wanted to get my copy when it was on the newsstand, I should cancel my subscription and pay newsstand rates! And yet, I still subscribe.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

So long as VF subs are at giveaway rates, I don't mind the lag.

6. Boom_70

Saturday mail delivery has come and gone and no sign of this week's SI.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I got mine yesterday. Can I read it to you?

8. Boom_70

No - Please no posts or links to articles. I am looking forward to the
    preview of Oregon/ ASU game. I've isolated myself from final score of that game so preview remains relevant.

9. Boom_70

I guess my issue did arrive yesterday. Found it stuck in some junk mail.

Has a cool painted picture of Eddy Mathews on cover. Inside there is a surprisingly good story on The Duke of Edinburgh.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Mine has not arrived and it usually comes on Wednesday, though I was expecting Thursday this week because of the holiday.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Liked the photo of the yacht on the cover. Great photography.

12. patchs

patchs Active Member

I have the same problem but in a different way.
    I don't sub to SI but a friend was nice enough to give me his sub number so I can get the tablet version for my HP Touchpad.
    Every Wednesday night, I open the app, get the library, tap on the current issue's cover, and it downloads.
    I've been doing this since late August, never had a problem, until this week's issue. It starts for a second, then says "paused."
    So even going the digital way isn't foolproof.

Draft saved Draft deleted