1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Illustrated Delivery Delay

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 11, 2011.

1. accguy

accguy Member

I have no idea when my SI arrives in my mailbox. All I know is that it is downloaded to my iPad every Tuesday night without fail.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

It's not just me.
    Last Friday, I received this week's issue, last week's issue and the issue from two weeks ago which I had called to have redelivered.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I received last week and this week's issues today.

4. Quakes

Quakes Guest

I got last week's issue today. That was annoying.

Then I saw the suggestion on the cover that Alabama's defense might be the best ever. That was annoying, too. (It's possible, I suppose -- I haven't read the article yet -- but this just struck me as mindless, ESPN-quality hype.)

Then I opened the magazine and saw that they did that stupid multiple-covers thing again. (I got the one with the Lions.) That was also annoying.

Then I saw that the cutline was incorrect -- or at least misleading -- on the Roethlisberger photo in the Leading Off section. (He didn't injure his left foot on that play; Watt hit him in his right knee.) At this point, I was just five pages into the magazine. That was depressing.

What's happening over there?

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

2 icons of the 20th century going down hand in hand.
    These delays certainly will speed up the process of turning the
    printed magazine into a dinosaur.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Received last week's issue yesterday.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

As its going, the models in upcoming swimsuit issue will be fat baby mamas driving a mini vans by the time we receive the issue.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I called customer service. The man was very friendly and understand and extended my subscription three issues for no cost. He also said they are working with the post office on the issue, and it should be resolved soon.

Basically, call if you want your subscription extended by three weeks.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Where's my issue this week? Its Friday and nothing.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Have never had problems with my delivery. But like Quakes said, that multiple-cover thing is an annoyance. The one I get is never the one I'd rather see. I know it's all about the local newsstands sales, but surely those ain't what they used to be.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I didn't get mine either.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Customer service says it's a problem with the new post office sorting machines, and that the issue will be rectified. As I said, though, if you call, they'll offer to extend your subscription.

Draft saved Draft deleted