1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Highlights

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nafselon, Aug 3, 2007.

?

Which do you Watch

1. ESPNews

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Sportscenter

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I'm in denial and just like to write negative things about the WWL

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Just wondering. Over the last two years I've pretty much become an ESPNews guy and I've only caught a few Sportscenters (mainly when Fred Hickman joined since I was a fan of his at CNNSI).

In my opinion ESPNews is almost must-see TV for the sports fan. Highlights, a really good "bottom line" to catch up on stats, injuries, etc. Clean and crisp sports recap all in a nice 30-minute package. Also the anchors are pretty straightforward and lack the stupidity needed to "entertain" on Sportscenter.

Anyone else part of this culture of shunning the 6 and 11 p.m. Sportscenters in favor of ESPNews?

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't blow off Sportscenter at 6 p.m. in lieu of ESPNews. I do it because Seinfeld is on TBS. But I certainly don't watch ESPN as much as I used to watch it. I find myself doing a lot more reading. If I'm flipping the channels and see Sportscenter on, I'll probably watch it, though.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I watch the local FSN sports show.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I don't get ESPNNews up here in Canada, so with TSN Sportscentre, that makes it a pretty easy choice for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted