1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Heroes to Zeros

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), May 10, 2012.

1. Josh Beckett has become perhaps the most disliked athlete in Boston. I have been trying to think of another Boston athlete who has fallen so far - from World Series hero to being considered a complete douchebag.

Can you think of any similar situations in other cities or sports? I'd say LeBron but he never won a championship.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Vince Carter.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

He was a hero?

4. Vince Carter new won a championship for his team.

What about Patrick Roy in Montreal? Was he considered a douche at the end?

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No, he never won anything in Toronto but he was considered a hero here, whatever the hell that means.

6. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

I am so disappointed this isn't a Cool As Ice liveblog.

7. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Johnny Damon?

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

As I said, no he didn't but Carter was considered a god in Toronto while he was here. Now he's one of the most despised athletes in the city.

Roy stuck it to the Habs after he was publicly embarrassed by Mario Tremblay in that game against Detroit. He's still one of the most beloved athletes in Quebec. Canadiens fans don't blame him. They save their bile for Habs management

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm pleasantly surprised by this post.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted