1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports/General News Reporter - Kamiah, Idaho

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zagsfan83, May 13, 2014.

1. Zagsfan83

Zagsfan83 Member

Oh. My. God.

----
    Do you like the satisfaction of knowing you've created something meaningful? Do you like meeting new people? Do you have a way with words? If yes, then we have an opportunity for you. Weekly newspaper in Kamiah, Idaho has an opening for a community reporter. We are looking for someone to cover the happenings on the local scene, including sports and school news. Must have great writing/grammar skills; photography skills a must. Experience with InDesign/Photoshop a plus. If you are a skirt chaser, druggie, alcoholic, or just looking to use us as a stepping stone on your way to your next job, don't bother contacting us. We're looking for someone who likes small town living in a rural but beautiful setting, who will be invested in our community, and be a good example to those he/she comes in contact with.
    Send cover letter, resume, writing samples and references.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/wri/4461363234.html

2. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

LMAO. wow.

3. Zagsfan83

Zagsfan83 Member

This newspaper hates awesome stuff.

On serious note, though, it doesn't want any "druggie" burnouts, but it wants someone with no ambition. OK, then.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So a reporter can't try to meet women and has to be stuck there forever? Sign me up!

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pronounced kammy-EYE and according to a San Franciscan "there's no other place in the world like this."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Uyzg5DKIQ

6. Zagsfan83

Zagsfan83 Member

It didn't say anything about trouser chasing...

I worked at the Lewiston Tribune for two years and Kamiah was in our coverage area. I didn't even know it had a weekly rag.

Aside from this ridiculous ad, it's a pretty little mountain town. The Kamiah Kubs (this town loves alliteration THAT much, apparently) compete for 1A state titles in most sports. It's about an hour south of Lewiston.

But if you're trying to get your horn scraped, can polish off a bottle of Pendleton in a week, smoke the Devil's lettuce and want to work hard enough to move on to a daily paper -- don't apply.

Draft saved Draft deleted