1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports enterprise reporter, The (Memphis) Commercial Appeal

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KyleVeazey, Oct 29, 2013.

1. KyleVeazey

KyleVeazey New Member

Hey, folks. We have a job opening. Here it is:

The Commercial Appeal, Memphis' daily newspaper, is seeking a Sports Enterprise Reporter to produce high-end print and digital content for an NBA and major-college market. We’re looking for a storyteller with serious reporting chops, innovative ideas and a collaborative nature to be part of a sports enterprise team. Areas of focus for the position will include Southeastern Conference football, University of Memphis basketball and football, and the NBA’s Grizzlies, but the full range of enterprise work is planned – from profiles, to projects and investigations, to digital-first pieces. Applicants must have at least five years' experience and a portfolio that demonstrates the print and digital skills to shine in a department with perennial APSE contest winners.

Please email clips and links to digital work to hughlett@commercialappeal.com.

Here's the link: http://www.scripps.com/job-details?rid=6834

Any questions, and I'll try to answer...

2. FusilliJerry

FusilliJerry Member

Is this the same job as the SEC writer thread posted earlier?

3. KyleVeazey

KyleVeazey New Member

It's the same position, yes. Just a rebuilt job description.

4. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Sounds like a good fit and an interesting job, but I live several hours away and it's not a good time for me to move.

5. KyleVeazey

KyleVeazey New Member

So you know, the hughlett@commercialappeal.com email is for Tajuana Hughlett, who is in human resources.

David Williams is our sports editor.

6. dpilar05

dpilar05 New Member

Wow...you get to do a little bit of everything. Sounds great.

7. MRoy13

MRoy13 New Member

Definitely interested

8. jclary33

jclary33 New Member

Any word on how long it will take to hear back? I applied a few weeks ago and haven't heard back yet. Thanks!

9. NHMafia

NHMafia Member

This one has been filled. Michael Cohen is leaving the Syracuse Media Group, effective Friday.

Here's the link on the hire from syracuse.com: http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/11/syracuse_football_beat_writer.html

10. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Graduated in May? Impressive. But a sign it's almost time for the bullet in my career's head moment.

Draft saved Draft deleted