1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Enterprise reporter, Louisville Courier-Journal

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MonsterLobster, May 11, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

As much as Gannett gets criticized, and rightfully so, they're not the only ones who have that when applying for the job.

I've always been a little uneasy about filling it out, but knowing some companies, not doing it may weed out candidates automatically, even though they say it's "voluntary".

2. CBE088

CBE088 New Member

Any updates on this?

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Have my resume in to Gentry for this and the other positions. I'd like to hear something myself. :)

4. We haven't gotten too far in this one just yet. We're spending some more time this week on the UK football opening, then we'll probably focus on the season sports opening and then we'll hit this one. We've been going through clips for all the positions (which I think closed today or yesterday), but there are only so many hours a day or week we can do phone interviews or give our attention to clips, so we have to focus on one at a time in that regard.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for the update! :)

6. SEeditor

SEeditor Member

Glad to hear an update. You folks certainly look like you've got your hands full with all three openings.

7. CBE088

CBE088 New Member

Oh wow, plenty going on over there. Thank you for the update!

Draft saved Draft deleted