1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports/education reporter - Keizer, OR

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by murphyc, May 11, 2016.

1. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Associate Editor

Associate editor

The Keizertimes seeks an associate editor and reporter that will cover a variety of beats including sports, education and fire services.

Candidates should be an independent thinker with the ability to cultivate and maintain contacts over the areas they cover. Keizer, Ore., is a one high school town, but we take covering it – and the nine feeder schools – seriously. The city is also home to minor league Salem-Keizer Volcanoes.

We seek a candidate who is as comfortable with features as hard news, and we’ll give preference to candidates with InDesign experience and an eye for what makes a good photograph. Quick studies are also welcome to apply. As associate editor you will be a partner in making decisions about what makes it into our award-winning weekly paper and how it all looks when it reaches the readers’ hands. How will we know you’re the right person for the job? Ask good questions.

Must be available for night and weekend assignments.

Salary $36K plus benefits.

Send a resume and strong writing clips to publisher@keizertimes.com. Links to multimedia projects are also welcome.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the paper I'm leaving. My co-worker is sliding over and taking over my job, thus leaving this position open. PM me with any questions. It's a good paper with a good reputation for covering the heck out of the town.

Draft saved Draft deleted