1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Worthington, Minn

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Mar 19, 2013.

1. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

from jj.com...

The Daily Globe, a winner of multiple awards in the most recent Minnesota Newspaper Association's Better Newspaper Contest, has an immediate opening for a sports editor. Applicant must have strong writing, pagination and leadership skills. Must be proficient with Quark, and photography experience is strongly preferred. Our coverage area includes 20 high schools and one college. This is a great chance to make an impact in a region with a long-established love of sports. We are owned by Forum Communications Co., which offers excellent potential for advancement. Send resume, cover letter and at least three clips demonstrating your abilities to: Ryan McGaughey, Managing Editor, Daily Globe, 300 11th St., Worthington MN 56187, or e-mail rmcgaughey@dglobe.com. No phone calls, please.

Took a look at the paper's website. I didn't realize they had Senator Al Franken as a sports columnist....

http://www.dglobe.com/event/article/id/63302/group/Sports/

2. dirtybird

dirtybird Active Member

Paper in the middle of nowhere. You cover a junior college and have to fill about two pages most days if I recall. Paper also takes the unusual step of listing three stringers (all members of the same family) on the staff list, which made me wonder when I applied and say a five-man staff at such a small paper.

Draft saved Draft deleted