1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Sports) Editor with Red Line Editorial,

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dkphxf, Dec 13, 2010.

1. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

http://reditorial.com/news-announcements/2010/11/10/red-line-editorial-seeks-editor/

Also, I think the company is looking for some freelance sports editors who would work from home.

2. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

I did a freelance story for Red Line about a year ago. I was really impressed with how on-the-ball they were as far as communication, timeliness, etc. Seemed like a pretty well-run outfit.

3. BH33

BH33 Member

I have done a lot of work through RedLine and they are fantastic. Very professional, competitive pay and they are prompt with payment.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

What kinds of work do they offer?

5. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Apparently it's about book publishing, as well as manuscripts and the like. I noticed many sublinks to Library Associations too...

6. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

I'm not completely sure as I've only ever done one story for them. But my story was a feature for the NFL Players Association website about a particular players' charity (written for the NFLPA via RedLine). From best I can tell, RedLine is sort of a middleman that collects content for various publications (maybe someone can verify that??)

And as said before, payment was immediate, communication was great. Great people to work for.

7. BH33

BH33 Member

Yeah, that's true that RedLine is basically the middleman. And, they do a lot of stuff, from a basic sports article to book manuscripts.

8. BH33

BH33 Member

By the way, it should be noted that while they do some sports work, this position that's posted is not a sports position.

9. anonymous1

anonymous1 New Member

How quickly are they looking to fill the position?

Draft saved Draft deleted