1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor - West Bend, Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by BrewCrewFan, Jun 13, 2016.

1. BrewCrewFan

BrewCrewFan New Member

This is my old gig. I was promoted to managing editor ...

SPORTS EDITOR: The Washington County Daily News (circ. 10,000), a publication of Conley Media, in West Bend, Wisconsin, is looking for a full-time Sports Editor for our a.m. production cycle newspaper. Top candidates will have experience as a Sports Editor or Sports Reporter at a daily newspaper, be able to quickly and accurately design pages, be organized and disciplined at coordinating coverage of prep sports at several area high schools, be comfortable leading a staff of two full-time Sports Reporters and be able to take and/or edit photos when needed. Above all, the Sports Editor will be
    responsible for doing whatever it takes to produce comprehensive and compelling sports pages filled with game coverage, features, photos and local columns. Supervisory experience is a plus. Conley Media is a division of Conley Publishing Group (CPG), an equal opportunity employer offering medical, dental insurance, 401(k) and more! To apply send resume, cover letter, and writing and design samples to: Nicholas Dettmann, Managing Editor, West Bend Daily News, 100 S. 6th Ave., West Bend, WI 53095 or email in confidence to hrd@conleynet.com.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  2. jclary33

jclary33 New Member

Great area and great people up there. If you're hesitant because you don't know the area, don't be. Nicholas was the sports editor for quite a few years and will be able to catch you up with the area and its teams quickly. I worked under his supervision as a sports reporter in 2014 and he has a great handle on what it takes to lead an editorial team to create great daily copy.

Draft saved Draft deleted