1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor - Waxahachie, Texas

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Travis Smith, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Travis Smith

Travis Smith New Member

The Waxahachie Daily Light and Midlothian Mirror (GateHouse Media) have an immediate opening for a full-time sports editor.

We publish four times a week (Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sunday) and the only pagination that could be required will be on special products, such as with the fall/spring sports preview magazines we produce. The office is located in Waxahachie, Texas, about 20 miles south of Dallas. Three of the high schools in Ellis County compete in District 10-5A and regularly play against future Division I and professional talent.

The Daily Light and Mirror are extremely community focused and we expect for our content to reflect that mindset. We also have a team of stringers who help to cover the county.

We have credentials to all major DFW professional teams, if that matters.

Please send a resume and three to five of your best clips to tsmith@waxahachietx.com. I'll gladly answer any questions via email or on here, too. The current sports editor has resigned to pursue other opportunities and will be on board through Sept. 13. Being that fall sports are in full swing this is a position we are looking to fill yesterday.

2. TexasVet

TexasVet Active Member

I don't know much about the paper. But for what it's worth, Waxahachie is a nice town that's close enough to DFW but just far enough away.

Varsity football coach is former NFL quarterback Jon Kitna and they have a beautiful football stadium with roomy press box. Most of their athletics are good as well.

3. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Member

Hey Travis check your PM when you get the chance

Travis Smith likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted