1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor Wapakoneta (Ohio) Daily News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Justin Biebler, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Justin Biebler

Justin Biebler Active Member

From JJ.com
    Company: Wapakoneta Daily News
    Position: Seeking Sports Editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires: July 9, 2012
    Job ID: 1210736

Description: Seeking a sports editor to cover and write sports stories including football, basketball, baseball and wrestling and other stories on sports focusing on Wapakoneta High School, Wapakoneta area and other area sports teams including Waynesfield, Botkins and Jackson Center. The editor will be responsible for writing sports stories and taking photographs of games or meets for Wapakoneta High School sports teams. The editor is responsible for laying out sports pages including front, jump and agate pages. The editor will oversee writing, production of special sections and tabs as well as manage sports stringers to cover other sporting events and write feature stories The editor reports to the managing editor on tasks and schedules. The person must be fluent in InDesign and Photoshop as well as iMovie. The editor should have a working knowledge of taking pictures. E-mail: blaney@wapakwdn.com

An oldie but a goodie:
    2010: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/80366/
    There are more threads on this place here too.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My mom got a speeding ticket in Wapakoneta once. That's really all I've got.

3. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

This job appears around once a year. Used to get Ohio State passes for football home games, but wouldn't let you count mileage or hours, since that was considered a "benefit." Spending 12 hours in Columbus with 100,000 drunks and then mange your way through the gangbang afterwards is all fun and games.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

According to the archives...you told us this already! :p

5. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

Not that far from a lake that is so toxic you can't boat or swim in it. When I worked at a different paper in that area a decade and a half ago, the dead fish smell used to wake me up in the mornings.

6. cm297304

cm297304 New Member

or the dog food....
    gotta say, i used to hold this coveted title here. i stayed for 1 sports season. it WAS my first job in journalism right out of college, and while it was NOT my last, it may as well have been!

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

To be completely accurate, you can boat and fish on the lake right now (I drove past today and saw a bunch of boats out there). I wouldn't recommend swimming in it, though.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Neil Armstrong's home town.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Mrs. Gorsky still in town?

Draft saved Draft deleted