1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor- Vineland, New Jersey

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ogre, Aug 15, 2006.

1. ogre

ogre Member

from journalismjobs.com....

Company: The Daily Journal
    Position: Seeking energetic Sports Editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires: September 19, 2006
    Job ID: 671344

Description:
    The Daily Journal, an 18,000 daily in southern New Jersey, is seeking an energetic, ideas-driven leader for its five-person staff. Ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills, a background in writing and line editing, an eye for enterprise, and design capabilities. The Daily Journal's key topics are high schools, youth and rec, outdoors, and enterprise. In addition to expansion in the traditional sports section, we are planning major upgrades to our online product, and need a person with the vision to move us forward. Vineland is located 35 minutes from Philadelphia and Atlantic City, just two hours from New York City. Please submit cover letter, resume and work samples to: jcarris@vineland.gannett.com.

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

Anyone know what happened to Jason Carris?

3. Damn, beat me to it.

Jason is a good dude. I know he was basically a one-man show for a good portion of the school year last year before they hired a couple of new guys.

4. Bump_Wills

Bump_Wills Member

Um ...

"Please submit cover letter, resume and work samples to: jcarris@vineland.gannett.com."

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

He may be staying on until a new person is hired, or maybe he's running the editorial department, or the web site.
    He may still be in Vineland but something has happened to him.

6. Bump_Wills

Bump_Wills Member

My point is two-fold:

1. "What happened to Jason Carris," by my reckoning, has the aroma of "Did he leave? Did he get fired? Why isn't he there anymore?" Clearly, he's still around.

2. In any case, his e-mail address is listed, so why not ask him?

No intent to injure. I'm just a newbie here. Have a beer!

7. GeorgeScott

GeorgeScott Member

I like Jason. I know Bill Bradley approached him to be his deputy in Sacramento. Not sure what became of that. But regardless, I'm sure he'll land on his feet. Actually, probably never left his feet.

8. Gold

Gold Active Member

Can you still get those eggplants from the Vineland area? I remember getting those, which were something like 5 for a dollar a while ago (OK, a long time ago) and my mother and sister making eggplant parmasian.

9. eaglesin06

eaglesin06 New Member

i know someone who works there. says this jason guy is a total jackass who does nothing but rip people a new one every day. it rotates from person to person. this guy was ready to walk in and quit the other day.

10. Eagles must be Bob Yates.

11. Space Monkey

Space Monkey Member

Any update here?

Draft saved Draft deleted