1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor to oversee top WV sports section | Charleston, WV

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by SFIND, Jul 12, 2016.

1. The ASE is also leaving. Today is his last day.

2. Waldo9939

Waldo9939 Active Member

Holy crap. Seriously? Jesus.

3. Yeah, but i don't think its wholly unexpected. He's been taking college classes for sometime.
    He left, McGill left. Rich Stevens recently left (to go teach) and cut a veteran copy editor. The paper is a good paper, but don't kid yourselves, the odds of retiring from a newspaper - muchless making a career (one that pays well, anyway) are slim.
    The ASE has been in the paper business for about 20 years. Stevens prolly 25. I don't think McGill was in the biz as long, but he was no rookie.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

McGill has a decade in the biz. Roughly. He's a stud. And also very sexy.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Bump to the top, from Steveu's pipeline (which is nowhere as developed as Moddy's):

Derek Redd, who is already on staff at the paper, was elevated to the top spot. No word on whether they'll fill the ASE spot. :)

6. Waldo9939

Waldo9939 Active Member

If your pipeline is better than my pipeline that's swell. I got it straight from the bosses mouth, and let me tell you that barely happens in this business any more. Most of the time hiring managers will ignore you so I'm at least thankful for that.

Draft saved Draft deleted