1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor | Times Republic (Watseka, IL)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MiamiBoy, Jul 12, 2018.

1. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

Local sports is an integral part of our community, and Iroquois County's Times-Republic is seeking a dynamic sports editor to make sure local athletes get recognized in print and online.

The Times-Republic is an award-winning twice weekly newspaper in the heart of Iroquois County - the county seat, Watseka. We may be a small staff, but we get the job done. Our sports editor is an important part of the team. The right candidate will cover all kinds of boys and girls sports -- from prep teams to summer leagues and everything in between. Knowledge of photography, social media, pagination, Blox TCMS and video skills is prefrred. This is a full-time position who will help us build our regional sports team with stringers and correspondents. If you are a self-starter and have a passion for community sports of all types, we want to talk to you. Email Regional Editor Carla Waters at cwaters@intranix.com

2. Jon Mitchell

Jon Mitchell New Member

Not sure how I'd feel about applying for a job when the ad has typos and grammatical errors in it.

3. jla74m

jla74m Member

I have interviewed at this place and, after it, I was happy not to get the job. The design of the newspaper was still stuck in the 1970s. From what I gathered, they were not too keen on making any changes or implementing fresh ideas.

Jon Mitchell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted