1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor - Times-News (Twin Falls, Idaho)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by FleetFeet, May 27, 2011.

1. RFB-Boy

RFB-Boy Member

Awtry's a great guy to work with -- super vision, great ideas, and I'm not just saying that because he's my boss. Steve, Dave and Ryan do some really nice things in the sports section, and this really is an opportunity for whoever gets the job to put their mark on an evolving product.

CSI offers some great opportunities for imaginative stories, and the prep scene around here has some nice pockets of interest. I wouldn't call the Magic Valley sports crazy, but there's enough here to like. Whoever gets this, I'd like to see them find a way to get a few more adults in the sports section -- outside of coaches -- since this really is a nice little runner's area and there are some interesting "grown" athletes here.

Other than that, good luck to the applicants. I'm sure it'll be a competitive process.

Draft saved Draft deleted