1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor -- The Sun (Yuma, Ariz.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Runnin Rebel, Dec 16, 2010.

1. LeftCoastWrite

LeftCoastWrite New Member

Are the three high schools still dispersed among three different conferences? I never understood that, at all. This seems like a great gig for a recent grad, especially at 30-35,000. Shame the Padres don't hold Spring Training there any longer.

2. Cheng Sio

Cheng Sio New Member

There are four high schools now -- Cibola, Kofa, Yuma High and the less than five years old Gila Ridge. But they are now in the same division/conference.

3. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

San Luis has its own high school now, as well. There is also a Catholic high school (Yuma Catholic) that has opened in the past 10 years.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

When I was in high school, Yuma and Kofa were in my school's region. Can't beat a three-hour drive to Yuma.

5. Runnin Rebel

Runnin Rebel Member

This job has been filled internally by a sports writer, so expect to see a new posting in the future for the Yuma Sun that'll likely pay $23,000 a year.

With that hire however, I am successfully OUT OF THE BUSINESS. And that lasted all of two years.

Draft saved Draft deleted