1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor -- The Sullivan (Ind.) Daily Times,

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dkphxf, Apr 1, 2011.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Or maybe he's clueless, as some of his other posts have proven.

What I'm seeing is the quality of applicant among college graduates seems to be going down. I see a guy like the poster two posts above, and most of his posts are filled with grammar and spelling errors -- and this is what passes for college education?

2. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

No it is what passes for a message board. People who get all worked about about grammar on a message board really need to check themselves. Life isn't long enough to worry about that crap. If you want though I can send you a cookie for noticing gammar mistakes on a message board.

As far as my post talking about what is around ... sorry for informing people about a job. Never mind it is the point of this thread and message board. Please continue to derail this thread though.

3. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

So at MathTeachers.com, it's fine to say that two plus two equals seven, since it's just a message board?

4. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

OK, this isn't worth belaboring, but as you keep bringing up the attractions in other cities, the question has to be asked. What good is it to be 2-3 hours from a city if you can't afford to drive there and back and can't afford to do much once you get there?

As someone else pointed out, the workload seems manageable. But if the next place wants twice as much work, then this job isn't going to offer the most relevant experience.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

What career? When I was in North Dakota making more than some, I interviewed for a couple of SE positions at bigger papers paying less. My choices were to stay in Big Podunk or bigger city having a better title and making less money.

I took the another option, going to graduate school and going for a career that doesn't keep me or my family on food stamps and Medicaid.

6. rcsoxfan

rcsoxfan Member

ATTENTION ALL POSSIBLE CANDIDATES: DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER, DANGER, DANGER, DANGER. ALL IS NOT AS IT SEEMS. TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WHO KNOWS THIS JOB INTIMATELY. DANGER, DANGER. PM ME FOR MORE DETAILS.

Draft saved Draft deleted