1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor/The Star Press, Muncie, Indiana

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Claws for Concern, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Company: The Star Press
    Position: Seeking innovative sports editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: $45,000 to $50,000
    Ad Expires: December 20, 2006
    Job ID: 702854

Description:
    The Star Press, a 32,000 Gannett daily in Muncie, IN, is looking for a sports editor who can help us expand our footprint of local coverage, while also taking our award-winning department to a higher level of sophistication. We offer rich opportunities for coverage, ranging from the Division I Ball State Cardinals to state championship prep teams. But we are also looking for an editor able to create a local sports report that reflects the wide range of sporting pursuits in our community, from participatory sports to outdoors to youth leagues. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to help a staff develop a section anchored by compelling enterprise, issue and trend stories balanced with appropriate levels of game coverage. Experience and interest in developing online and multi-media features is a plus as is a proven track record in developing reader-contributed community content. Send cover letter, work samples and references to Managing Editor Scott Underwood, The Star Press, 345 S. High St., Muncie, IN 47305

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Glowing ad aside, I've heard nothing good about this paper.

3. G-Spot

G-Spot Member

Ball State?

BOOM goes the dynamite! I'd apply if someone can guarantee I get to cover sports with this guy!

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Terre Haute is still the better town, dammit!!!!!

5. HoosierLoser

HoosierLoser Member

Anybody know what happened to Phil Beebe?

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Bump... anything new on this? It's been a little over a month.

Draft saved Draft deleted