1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor -- The (Safford) Eastern Arizona,

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dkphxf, Jul 5, 2011.

1. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

The Eastern Arizona Courier has an opening for a full-time sports editor.

The Gila Valley in southeastern Arizona features warm weather with plenty to offer the avid outdoors person within a 15-minute drive in any direction.

The sports editor is expected to cover local high school sports as well as college sports. Strong writing and editing skills are musts. The Courier covers the games the readers want and then reaches beyond to shine a light on the people who make it happen.

The sports editor is responsible for laying out and editing the sports pages in the Eastern Arizona Courier and a sister paper, The Copper Era. The Courier publishes twice a week — on Sundays and Wednesdays. The Copper Era publishes once a week on Wednesdays.

The sports editor is also responsible for recording and editing games for the Web site: www.eacourier.com.

Send your resume to Managing Editor Aimee Staten at aimee@eacourier.com. Call 928-428-2560.

Per: http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1266809

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

If you're Mormon, you'll fit in. Most people I know from there leave once they're out of high school or done at the local juco.

3. Editude

Editude Active Member

Albert Brooks and Julie Hagerty hung out here in "Lost in America." And my first real job came down to a radio station here and one in Northern California; I chose adult contemporary over country.

Draft saved Draft deleted