1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor. The Kane (PA) Republican

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Hoop Time, Feb 4, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Thank you, Tom. Beat me to it.

2. Gee, thanks. Long-time lurker, finally posting, and you think I have no clue. And Shotglass decides to follow me around the board. The latter fact just affirms for me that some people have no sense of identity off the Internet.

3. Hoop Time

Hoop Time Member

Not everybody can get their start with those "free clips" and $20 a story internet gigs. Some folks have to start someplace.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, that's about right. They're not always contradictory concepts, as you have proven.

5. I agree everyone's got to start somewhere, and I started somewhere, too. But THIS MUCH discussion over a 2,000-circ paper? Is it even a daily? Come on.

And $20,000 to be the sports editor — the sports editor, not a sports writer! — of ANY paper? That's more than an insult. Bagboys at the local Giant Eagle, who string prep football on Friday nights, make more than that.

And finally, Shotglass, your 18,650 posts don't make you an expert, so STFU. I've been around this business, small and metro papers alike, long enough to have a clue. Take your swatting cats and go back to work. That little weekly of yours doesn't print itself.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Wenalway must be laying off positions...

7. Careful, shot. You may give an inch, but he'll take a mile. ;)

8. Leave it to a designer to drag a topic off-track. You suck, Shotglass.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

More designer disses!

I'm becoming convinced!

HELMETS!

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

whoa there skippy. you give yourself waaaaay too much credit. for starters, what your self indulgent ass calls "following me around," the rest of us call hitting the "show new replies to your posts" link. get over yourself.

secondly, if you don't like what you're reading on a thread, by all means, do what i do and bail the fuck out and find another. maybe the rest of us enjoy a little back and forth about the kane republican and could give two shits about your hypersensitivity to chewing up bandwith.

so, in conclusion, go fuck yourself, and, secondly, go fuck yourself.

with love - tom

oh yeah, fetch me a pyramid ale newbie bitch.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The publisher of this paper won't be happy to read how this discussion went off the rails:

[​IMG]

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

meat - you know, we always could tell him to yahoo himself as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted