1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor: The Daily Inter Lake, Kalispell, Mont.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by I Should Coco, Aug 8, 2019.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

With high school sports just a few weeks away, I'm guessing they're looking to move fast on this one.

Great area if you love the outdoors. Huge, beautiful lake, ski resort and Glacier N.P. are nearby.

Please note that it's a Hagadone newspaper, however.

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports Editor

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Dave Lesnick retired? It appears Frank Miele is no longer in charge of the paper, thank God.

I Should Coco likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

There's a non-Lee paper in Montana?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. Jordan Hansen

Jordan Hansen New Member

One of our biggest holes is the Kalispell area and along the Hi-line tbh. Even with 406 we hardly ever have the time to get up there.

Turnover at the DIL is pretty high and you’ll be competing with the Flathead Beacon, but I know a lot of people have really enjoyed working there.

5. dixielee

dixielee New Member

Position has been filled from within.

6. Zads07

Zads07 Member

With that news, Sports Reporter position is open now

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports reporter

The Daily Inter Lake in Kalispell, Montana is hiring a full-time sports reporter. This reporter will cover a wide variety of prep and seasonal sports across Northwest Montana — from high school basketball championships to Olympic freestyle skiing and professional rodeos. This person is expected to turn game coverage on deadline, and take part in writing features and profiles. Applicants who are enthusiastic about community journalism are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate will be able to generate stories as well as work on assignment. If you have additional skills, such as photo/video or page design, let us know.

Kalispell is a vibrant city offering unrivaled access to world-class recreation, including Glacier National Park, two ski areas, Flathead Lake, three wild and scenic rivers, and hundreds of miles of trails for hiking and biking. Kalispell is a great place to live, work and play.

This position offers a competitive wage, generous benefits and a 401K retirement plan.

E-mail your cover letter, resume and work samples to Daily Inter Lake Managing Editor Matt Baldwin at mbaldwin@dailyinterlake.com. Sorry, but we can only contact the top few applicants to discuss the jobs in detail. The best applicants will be hired after a phone interview. We are an equal opportunity employer. Finalists will need to pass a background test, have a clean driving record and pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen. Hagadone is a privately held company with a daily newspaper and six weeklies in Montana.

Draft saved Draft deleted