1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Tahoe Daily Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by BrianM, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I believe when I interviewed for this position before I was told it's now a free tab. Don't know what pay will be, but hard to beat the scenery living in SLT.

2. SpartanFan

SpartanFan New Member

I work for this chain. If you want information, please let me know

3. Zads07

Zads07 Member

Reposted today on jj.com
    http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1534227

Company: Tahoe Daily Tribune
    Position:
    Sports Editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires:
    January 21, 2014
    Job ID: 1534227

Description:

The Tahoe Daily Tribune, a three-times-per-week community newspaper based in South Lake Tahoe, Calif., is looking for a sports editor.

The sports editor is in charge of reporting and photographing all community sports, from Little League games to winter sports on the slopes of the Sierra Nevada, and managing a small network of contributors. The person in this position will be required to see the sports section through, from content creation to approving designed pages.

Candidates must have photography and reporting experience, knowledge of AP style and a wide range of sports, and at least one year of experience in sports journalism. Snowsports experience desired. Social media and layout experience also desired. Journalism degree a plus.

The Tribune has a small staff and some assignments outside of sports may be required. The sports desk is a one-man show.

This is a full-time, hourly position. Email a cover letter, resume, three relevant writing samples and five photography examples to Editor Trisha Leonard at editor@tahoedailytribune.com. No follow-up calls, please.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Covering skiing and snow sports would actually be sort of fun.

5. SoccerFan

SoccerFan Member

Know a lot about this gig. PM if interested.

6. alexshoemaker

alexshoemaker New Member

Anyone know if they ever hired someone? I was told I was still being considered for the job awhile back... I assume the obvious.

7. joe king

joe king Active Member

You get the job if you can be there in 15 minutes.

8. SpartanFan

SpartanFan New Member

I work in the chain and can tell you more. The paper is three times a week. Friday night football would be on-line only because of the early weekend deadline. Winters can be rugged. On the plus side, there are 3-4 teams that Tahoe plays that are covered by sister papers

9. Gold

Gold Active Member

I think this job is at least three hours from Tahoe. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted