1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Tahoe Daily Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by BrianM, Oct 9, 2013.

1. BrianM

BrianM Member

From Jjobs......

Company: Tahoe Daily Tribune
    Position:
    Sports Editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires:
    November 12, 2013
    Job ID: 1534227

Description:

The Tahoe Daily Tribune, a three-times-per-week community newspaper based in South Lake Tahoe, Calif., is looking for a sports editor.

The sports editor is in charge of reporting and photographing all community sports, from Little League games to winter sports on the slopes of the Sierra Nevada, and managing a small network of contributors. The person in this position will be required to see the sports section through, from content creation to approving designed pages.

Candidates must have photography and reporting experience, knowledge of AP style and a wide range of sports, and at least one year of experience in sports journalism. Social media and layout experience also desired. Journalism degree a plus.

The Tribune has a small staff and some assignments outside of sports may be required. The sports desk is a one-man show.

This is a full-time, hourly position. Email a cover letter, resume, three relevant writing samples and five photography examples to Editor Trisha Leonard at editor@tahoedailytribune.com. No follow-up calls, please.

2. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

It's only 15 minutes to Tahoe.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I wonder how many on the board will get that reference.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Dammit, I could work for the... oh, wrong inside joke. Sorry. :)

5. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

This pretty much has to be this board's favorite newspaper, yes?

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You know what I really like about the posting? It's honesty. How many listings actually say you will be covering Little League games?

7. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

15 minutes from everywhere.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's a contender, along with the Trentonian, Martinsville, Roswell ...

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The Hungry Horse News.

10. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

This was posted again today (Nov. 12) so I'm bumping it up.

11. Gold

Gold Active Member

The name of the paper is the Tahoe Daily Tribune, but the ad says it comes out three times a week. Que?

12. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

I noticed the same thing. Even went back to double-check to make sure I was referring to the same paper. Maybe they were a daily back in the day when the weeks were only three days long.

Draft saved Draft deleted