1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor -- Strasburg, Va.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Igor in CT, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Shit, Ryan Sonner can do a lot better than that.

SONNER FOR PRESIDENT IN '20!

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I was wondering how long that would take. I didn't start it.

3. Well -- in a roundabout way -- yes, you did. :D

4. Sonner will be long dead by then...

5. 89bat57

89bat57 New Member

2D -- I'll meet you at Finnigan's this weekend at high noon. The tequilla will flow like water. Let the freakout begin...

6. SuperDeuce

SuperDeuce Member

Strasburg is also famous for producing legendary streetfighters, namely a fellow named Saunders who used to brawl in the alley behind the Daily back in the late 80s.

7. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

ryan saunders has counted to infinity...twice.

8. Duton

Duton Member

If Finny's chips away at your soul and makes you less of a person each time you go back I must've degraded to a single-celled organism by now.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Actually, the Northern Shenandoah Valley's singer is Patsy Cline, but you need someone who can lead you through a seance. Good news: Jeanne Dixon lived there. Bad news: she died there too.

10. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

i dont think you h-burg guys appreciate what a diamond in the rough you have in finny's. that bar has it all...beer, tuna steak sandwiches, people...what more could you want. try to go to sweet carolines and see if they give you any hush puppies. bet they dont.

11. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Michael,

I don't know squat about you or the paper, but I know Strasburg is a pretty cool place and the Valley is just chock full of history. There is a lot of good vibes on this thread. Anyone who's pondering the job should take that into consideration.

Spaceman

12. My beef with Finny's is that there are two guarentees when you walk in there. A) You'll come home smelling like a Malbaro testing room and B) it's full of shitty DMB cover bands, which half of them add to a redonkulous $5.00 cover charge.

There's so many better options -- B-Dubs and Hams being two of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted