1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor -- Strasburg, Va.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Igor in CT, Mar 20, 2007.

1. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I thought you went to Marist?

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

By the looks of my NCAA bracket, you'd think I went to Miami of Ohio.

3. Michael_Petre

Michael_Petre Member

JME isn't a Mizzou grad (West Fuckin Virginia, y'all), but he might as well be. He's seen more than enough crap in Columbia to qualify as one. Thanks a lot, Enique.

To bring this somewhat back on topic, the lucky candidate will get to work with a WVU grad with a full set of teeth. That's rare, I hear.

4. Duton

Duton Member

Congrats to Mike. And just to refute Cristiano Ronaldo's point, Finny's isn't just a dive, it's the greatest dive ever. Even if it does make your coat smell like cigarette smoke for a week.

5. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

if you think finny's is a dive, then you've never been to a dive. finny's is glorious.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Nothing but good things to say about their sports operation, having observed it from afar for a while ...

7. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

As long as you aren't afraid to bust your ass. Design, writing, management crap; you'll be expected to do it all. But you will have plenty of help from a very talented staff.

8. Finny's chips away at your soul, making you less of a person everytime you go back...

9. Michael_Petre

Michael_Petre Member

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about me and our staff. We appreciate it.

For those concerned about moving up in the world, the two sports staffers who have left during my time here are now a lead designer at a mid-size daily in Alabama and an enterprise reporter at a mid-size daily in the D.C. suburbs. And they're talented enough to keep moving up when they're ready to move on.

Strasburg might be a speck on the map, but that doesn't mean our approach to journalism is.

If that isn't enough, you might get the chance to talk to hometown hero Kelley Washington. Doesn't get much bigger than that.

10. I thought the hometown hero was Danni Leigh.

11. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Is she still singing? Seems like she's fallen off the map over the last few years. Very, very, very easy on the eyes.

12. I dunno. But not only was she cute but she was very flirty when I met her ... always nice.

Draft saved Draft deleted