1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor - Steamboat Springs, Co.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports Editor Needed for Colorado Ski County Destination

Description:

Love sports? Love the outdoors? Here’s your opportunity to live and work in gorgeous Colorado. The Steamboat Pilot & Today, an award-winning daily newspaper in beautiful Northwest Colorado, is seeking a sports editor with strong photography skills. Prior daily newsroom is a plus. This beat primarily covers snow sports, outdoor recreation and prep sports. The successful candidate must be highly organized and deadline-driven with online reporting, social media and enterprise reporting skills and a desire to connect with readers on multiple platforms.

Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):

• Reporter will take his or her own photos and video.
    • Demonstrates effective use of social media tools (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) to source stories and drive traffic to our website and print product.
    • Reporter will work well with community leaders/figures as well as other newsroom staff. Reporter must be flexible in a changing, fast-paced environment.
    • Ensure accuracy, fairness and correct spelling in all reporting and editing duties.
    • Follow direction and vision of the editor.
    • Make assigned deadlines without exception.
    • Fill in for reporting vacancies as needed.
    • Be ethical within the guidelines set by the editor.
    • Be a team player and help where needed.
    Qualifications:

• Journalism degree or degree in related field.
    • Three years of experience in sports reporting.
    • Must be available to work some nights and weekends.
    • Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
    • Digital photography experience is preferred.
    • Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
    • Must have a current drivers license or the ability to get one.

Swift Communications is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'm happy to answer any questions.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

A high school friend and his wife, when they retired, they went off in search of America. They had lived at the beach. When they got to Steamboat, their search was over. They love the place.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

As does Uncle Verne.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Wasn't this just recently filled? Not this listing, a previous one - a year ago maybe?

6. I believe the previous SE, Leah, is heading to grad school.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Happy to answer any and all questions. My late sister's family had a house up there (we kept it in the family and my other sister now owns it). I've spent lots of time up there. Yes, it's awesome. You're about 2.5 hours from Denver with good roads.

Draft saved Draft deleted