1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor - St. Augustine Record

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by CaymanGuy, Jul 24, 2013.

1. CaymanGuy

CaymanGuy Member

About the Job
    Sports Editor The St. Augustine Record has an immediate opening for a Sports Editor. This position is an essential part of the Newsroom. This position is responsible for coordinating the breaking sports news and daily sports events to ensure quick response and comprehensive coverage for local sporting events. The individual selected for this position will also assist the Newsroom's staff in editing The Record and staugustine.com as needed. College degree preferred. At least two years of journalism experience that include page design and work with graphics. Previous experience at a daily newspaper preferred. Must have strong editing skills and experience with newspaper page design, preferably using with InDesign and InCopy. Candidate must be knowledgeable in AP style. Must be able to work nights and weekends; holidays as required. Please submit page design and writing samples with resume, if possible. We Offer: " Ongoing paid training opportunities " Growth opportunities for advancement " Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, short- and long- term disability, personal time off and holiday pay, 401(k), and expense reimbursement Qualified applicants may apply online at Monster.com keyword: 15036466 Thank you for understanding that due to the large volume of resumes received it is not possible to acknowledge receipt of each resume. EOE DRUG-FREE TOBACCO-FREE WORKPLACE

Link for applications at staugustine.com

2. Zads07

Zads07 Member

Went on vacation here about 4 years ago and I can't say enough how awesome of a place this is. You have the ocean, the oldest city in America, lots and lots of history, and great food. Whoever gets this position will be very lucky.

3. Editude

Editude Active Member

(Be very lucky) ... to afford to live there on what you'll make. Florida is cheapish, but this is not one of the more economical areas. Nice, warm beaches, though.

4. Zads07

Zads07 Member

Agreed, this place has a more expensive standard of living, but hopefully it's good pay, since it doesn't say in the ad.

5. dkenwhy

dkenwhy New Member

This was my former position, so feel free to PM if you have any questions.

6. dford15

dford15 New Member

What does the position pay?

7. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

psst.....he said to PM him if you had any questions.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

As a resident of the Nation's Oldest City, I concur with its awesomeness.

I subscribe to the Record and it's a solid small paper. No, I wouldn't suppose the salary would pay for a downtown dwelling, but St. Augustine is a pretty big area, geographically.

9. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Is this still a Morris operation?

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yes, Morris.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You'd never know it, however.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Actually, St. Augustine is not an expensive place to live.

Draft saved Draft deleted