1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Sheridan, Wy.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

The Sheridan (Wyo.) Press is seeking an energetic, organized and knowledgeable sports editor for its six-day-a-week afternoon newspaper. The editor will cover a variety of sports including junior college basketball and volleyball, boys' and girls' sports at five area high schools, American Legion baseball, professional and amateur rodeo and polo in the summertime. Talent in writing, pagination/layout is required. Photography skills are a plus. The Press is a privately owned corporation. The Press offers a competitive salary, benefits and a profit-sharing plan — and Wyoming has no state income tax. Sheridan, located in north-central Wyoming, provides stunning, panoramic views of the Big Horn Mountains and offers myriad outdoor activities. If you want to join an energetic and professional staff on an award-winning newspaper in a thriving community, send resume and work samples to Tom Cotton, news editor, P.O. Box 2006, Sheridan, WY 82801, or e-mail: options@thesheridanpress.com.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It looks like a one-person show for sports. Beautiful country if you like the West, but Wyoming is not the cheapest place to live.

3. bwright

bwright Member

This job sounds great. I could live in Wyoming... Now, the future Mrs. probably would not share that sentiment.

4. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Cost of living isn't closer to Midwest standards? Looking to move from the West Coast to somewhere with a lower cost of living.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Wyoming is more like Montana or Colorado standards.

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Don't tell me in influx of Californians has started in Wyoming, too.

7. FreshTracks

FreshTracks New Member

I can confirm the position's been filled already.

8. CA_journo

CA_journo Member

That was quick.

9. flexmaster33

Hey Fresh...who got the job?

10. RicketyCricket

RicketyCricket New Member

No joke, is this a kill notice? .. Let's confirm a hire if possible.

11. flexmaster33

I'd apply anyway (I did)...this could be a newbie just trying to thin the competition. Worst the Sheridan Press can say is "Sorry, the job has been filled"

Draft saved Draft deleted