1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Sandusky, OH

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Sep 10, 2008.

1. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

I believe that's false. The same guy was there for a while.

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

He was there for 22 years. I don't JJobs was around back then.

Best of luck Dan, you deserve better than The Register.

3. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

I once hired a long-time sports writer from the Register, and our circulation is smaller than theirs. When I interviewed him, I asked him if he was insane and why the hell he wanted to work for me. He basically said he had to get the hell out of there.

Angelo has been a colleague of mine for years, and we've always had a great working relationship. Sad to see him go, but he has a family so it's good for him to get some regular hours.

4. onebigfella

onebigfella New Member

Job has been offered to Dan Gilles of the Lorain Morning Journal. He has a couple days to give the Register his answer.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Personally, I have a problem with putting Mr. Giles' name out there like this. It can cause problems on several fronts, not to mention if the information is false.

6. Drakes Place

Drakes Place Guest

Yeah, God forbid anyone get fired from Lorain to go work in Sandusky.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Well let's take it a step further. What if this guy wasn't offered the gig and gets fired? Or something happens and he's booted out of Lorain and Sandusky goes in another direction.
    Just pointing out that throwing names around on the net isn't a good thing. I'd like to think that onebigfella's intentions weren't to cause any problems.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So let's be sure to copy the original post, so if the first poster decided you were right and tried to delete it, your copy is still around on the board... moron

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't think you're "moron" quote was directed at me but there's no need to insult anyone Slappy. The cyberbully stuff is old and you're better than that.
    Just a little common sense about what goes out on the net is what's needed. It's one thing if Mr. Giles has accepted the job. But right now, according to onebigfella, the guy has yet to decide. I don't feel its right to create rumors like that over the net.
    Furthermore, if the original poster wanted to remove his name, I only referred to him by his last name. That could be anyone. For the sake of ending this on an up note, perhaps the whole days worth of post concerning this gentleman should be deleted by the powers that be. However, that's not my call and I don't think it's your's either.

10. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

It would be a moot point cuz he spelled his name wrong.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

The guy's last name is Gilles. I spelled it as Giles. Good catch prezclinton

Draft saved Draft deleted